Hello and welcome,
Here you can find all of the sales and promotions that are currently being offered by Canada’s largest banks. With this information, you can now earn greater returns on your money and at the same time, cut down on your banking fees.
Unfortunately, there are not many attractive deals. The highlights of this update include a 6 month promotional interest rate of 2.4% at Tangerine bank. There is also a cash payment available at CIBC, but this ends on Sept. 9th, 2016. Other than that, we see the usual credit card promotions and a few other mortgage promotions.
For more personal advice, non-biased financial literacy coaching sessions are offered. Information can be found here.
This information will be updated regularly and was last updated on September 7th, 2016. If you would like to add any promotions or sales, please comment below or message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All promotions are subject to change and it’s important that all conditions are understood before signing up to a product.
As always, thank you for stopping and please share if this information brings you value.
CIBC’s Bank Sales
- Earn $300 when open a new Smart Chequing Account by September 9th, 2016 and set-up either; i) one reoccurring direct deposit or ii) two preauthorized payments a month. You earn an additional $100 if you open a new premium credit card. Of course, conditions apply.
- Earn 1.35% on a 1 year GIC or 1.5% on a 17 month GIC. The deposited amount must be over $1,000. This promotion can end at any time.
- Visa Aventura Infinite and the Aerogold Infinite cards are offering 15,000 points as a welcome bonus.
- Open a new Divident Infinite by Oct. 31st, 2016 and receive up to 4% cashback for three months. A limit of $5,000 in purchases apples.
- The Tim Horton’s Visa card is offering $20 Tim Horton’s credit as a welcome bonus.
- Switch your mortgage to CIBC and they will pay for the appraisal and registration charges. To qualify, the mortgage has to be over $100,000 and the selected term must be over 3 years. The application deadline is on October 31st, 2016 and then the mortgage must fund within 60 days.
- The “Cash Back Mortgage” pays up to 5% cash back on your mortgage amount for transfer-ins and new purchases. This offer applies to 5-year fixed-rate mortgages and a few other mortgage types (at cash back rates). It’s important to add that cash back mortgages often have higher interest rates and may be more expensive in the long run. This offer can end anytime and the max cash back is $50,000.
- Receive .5% off of prime for new secured line of credits until March 5th, 2017. After this period ends your rate will be reverted to your previously negotiated rate. Applications must be made by October 31st, 2016 and opened by December 3rd, 2016.
TD’s Bank Sales
- Receive a 10,000-25,000 point bonus on select Aeroplan credit cards that range from.
- Currently 4-year fixed mortgages are 2.39% and 5-year fixed are 2.59%.
Scotiabank’s Bank Sales
- Open new No Fee Student Account and receive up to 10x the amount of Scene points until December 31st, 2016. To qualify, account holders must also set-up one of the following within 60 days; i) a preauthorized payroll ii) 2 preauthorized credits or iii) 2 preauthorized debits
- Earn four free movies if you open up and use a new Scene credit card.
- Do not pay the first annual fee on new Momentum Visa cards.
- Many credit card deals are available; including low introductory interest rates for the first six months and no annual fee for the first year. For example, the no-fee Scotiabank Value card is offering a rate of 3.99% for the first six months and not balance transfer fees.
- Other third party promotions include Turbotaxes and 12 months of free McAfee virus protection.
Bank of Montreal’s Bank Sales
- Clients can take advantage of Planshare accounts that allow them to open as many as 20 accounts under their names for one monthly fee.
- Receive up to $500 when you open a Smartfolio account by Oct. 31st, 2016 and fund it by Nov. 30th, 2016. The amount that you receive depends on the amount of funding, for example, you’ll need to transfer in $100,000 or more to receive a $500 bonus.
- BMO Air Miles World Elite card is offering up to 1,000 Air Miles when you open up a new card. Deal expires on Oct. 31st, 2016
- Open a new BMO Air Miles Mastercard and receive a bonus up to 800 Air Miles. To get the full amount, you will need to spend $1,000 within 3 months of opening the card. Deal expires on Jan. 12th, 2016.
- Other credit cards offers include double cashback, point and cash bonuses. paying introduction bonuses.
- Get an interest rate of 2.59% for a five year fixed rate mortgage (APR 2.61%. Pre-payment restrictions apply and it’s vital investigate before taking advantage of this deal.
RBC’s Bank Sales
- Receive 250 West Jet Dollars when you open a new West Jet credit card.
- RBC is currently offering 15,000 welcome points on their Avion Platinum Visa card.
- Other credit card offers are available.
PC Financial’s Bank Sales
- PC Financial is currently offering a .8% interest rate on their savings accounts.
- PC Financial World Elite MasterCard currently has no annual fee.
- Currently offering a 5-year fixed mortgage at 2.47% (2.49% APR) and 2.22% (2.24% APR) on a 2-year mortgage.
- A $500 bonus when you open select other PC products when you begin a PC Mortgage. Stringent conditions apply. Deal expires on Oct. 31st, 2016
Tangerine’s Bank Sales
- New clients receive an annual interest rate of 2.4% for 6 months on their savings, TFSA or RSPs and up to $50 in cashback.
- $25 bonus for new clients when they open a chequing account.
- New money-back credit cards are offering double points for three months.
Note: Great effort is taken to provide accurate and updated sales and promotions information, but these offers can be changed by the providing organization at any time. Therefore, we are not liable for any informational changes or errors.