Hello and welcome,
Here you can find all of the sales and promotions that are currently being offered by Canada’s largest banks. With this information, you can now earn greater returns on your money and at the same time, cut down on your banking fees.
The highlights of this update are cash bonuses and give-aways to new clients. Royal Bank is currently offering IPAD minis and TD is offering a 40″ Samsung SMART TV. CIBC and BMO are also offering cash bonuses for those that open new accounts. Unfortunately, existing clients are yet again offered very little.
For more personal advice, non-biased financial literacy coaching sessions are offered. Information can be found here.
This information will be updated regularly and was last updated on June 6th, 2016. If you would like to add any promotions or sales, please comment below or message me at email@example.com. All promotions are subject to change and it’s important that the conditions are read before signing up to a product.
As always, thank you for stopping and please share if this information brings you value.
CIBC’s Bank Sales
- Earn $300 when open a new Smart Chequing Account by September 9th, 2016 and set-up either; i) one reoccurring direct deposit or ii) two preauthorized payments a month. You earn an additional $100 if you open a new premium credit card. Of course, conditions apply.
- Earn 1.35% on a 1 year GIC or 1.5% on a 17 month GIC. The deposited amount must be over $1,000. This promotion can end at any time.
- Visa Aventura Infinite and the Aerogold Infinite cards are offering 15,000 points as a welcome bonus.
- The Tim Horton’s Visa card is offering $20 Tim Horton’s credit as a welcome bonus.
- Switch your mortgage to CIBC and they will pay for the appraisal and registration charges. To qualify, the mortgage has to be over $100,000 and the selected term must be over 3 years. The application deadline is on October 31st, 2016 and then the mortgage must fund within 60 days.
- The “Cash Back Mortgage” pays up to 5% cash back on your mortgage amount for transfer-ins and new purchases. This offer applies to 5-year fixed-rate mortgages and a few other mortgage types (at cash back rates). It’s important to add that cash back mortgages often have higher interest rates and may be more expensive in the long run. This offer can end anytime and the max cash back is $50,000.
- Receive .5% off of prime for new secured line of credits until March 5th, 2017. After this period ends your rate will be reverted to your previously negotiated rate. Applications must be made by October 31st, 2016 and opened by December 3rd, 2016.
TD’s Bank Sales
- TD is offering a 40″ Samsung SMART TV or 28″ HDTV to qualifying clients. Several conditions must be met;
- 1) Open an unlimited chequing account by September 2nd, 2016
- 2) Must perform 2 of the following by October 17th, 2016; i) Set-up a reoccurring direct deposit ii) Set-up a pre-authorized payment that is over $50 iii) Pay $50 or more to a Canadian or American bill.
- 3) Open a new qualifying credit card within 14 days of opening the account and spend at least $500 by October 17th, 2016
- Note: There are many exclusions, including; already having a chequing account, participating in a past promotion and much more. Make sure that you read the fine print.
- Receive a 10,000-25,000 point bonus on select Aeroplan credit cards that range from.
- Currently 4-year fixed mortgages are 2.39% and 5-year fixed are 2.59%.
Scotiabank’s Bank Sales
- Receive up to 2% on a Momentum Savings Account until August 19, 2016 on new deposits.
- Earn four free movies if you open up and use a new Scene credit card.
- Do not pay the first annual fee on new Momentum Visa cards.
- Many credit card deals are available; including low introductory interest rates for the first six months and no annual fee for the first year. For example, the no-fee Scotiabank Value card is offering a rate of 3.99% for the first six months and not balance transfer fees.
- Other third party promotions include Turbotaxes and 12 months of free McAfee virus protection.
Bank of Montreal’s Bank Sales
- Clients can take advantage of Planshare accounts that allow them to open as many as 20 accounts under their names for one monthly fee.
- Get up to $350 when you open a select chequing account and credit card by August 31st, 2016. The amount depends on the type of account opened, ranging from $150-$350. You can receive an extra $50 for opening a qualifying credit card. To qualify, you must have a reoccurring direct deposit and make two qualifying bill payments by October 31st, 2016
- Receive $200 to $1000 when you open and transfer in funds to a Smartfolio by August 31st, 2016. The amount that you receive depends on the transfer balance. For example, you’ll need to transfer in $500,000 or more to receive the $1000 bonus.
- BMO Air Miles World Elite card is offering up to 1,000 Air Miles when you open up a new card.
- Other credit cards offers include double cashback, point and cash bonuses. paying introduction bonuses.
- Get an interest rate of 2.49% for a five year fixed rate mortgage (APR 2.51%. Pre-payment restrictions apply and it’s vital investigate before taking advantage of this deal.
RBC’s Bank Sales
- RBC is currently offering an IPAD Mini 2 when you open a qualifying account by September 2nd, 2016. You must either; transfer in a regular direct deposit or set-up two automatic account withdrawals by October 31st, 2016. Further, you must not have had an RBC account within the past five years and and keep the account open until September of 2017.
- Receive 250 West Jet Dollars when you open a new West Jet credit card.
- Other credit card offers are available
- RBC is currently offering 15,000 welcome points on their Avion Platinum Visa card.
PC Financial’s Bank Sales
- PC Financial is currently offering a .8% interest rate on their savings accounts.
- PC Financial World Elite MasterCard currently has no annual fee.
- Currently offering a 5-year fixed mortgage at 2.47% (2.49% APR) and 2.22% (2.24% APR) on a 2-year mortgage.
- A $500 bonus when you open select other PC products when you begin a PC Mortgage. Stringent conditions apply.
Tangerine’s Bank Sales
- New clients receive an annual interest rate of 2.4% for 6 months on their savings, TFSA or RSPs and up to $50 in cashback.
- $25 bonus for new clients when they open a chequing account.
- New money-back credit cards are offering double points for three months.
Note: Great effort is taken to provide accurate and updated sales and promotions information, but these offers can be changed by the providing organization at any time. Therefore, we are not liable for any informational changes or errors.