Note: A regularly updated version of this article can be found here.
Hello and Welcome!
Here you can find all of the sales and promotions that are currently being offered by Canada’s largest banks.
For more personal advice, The Friendly Financial Coach offers non-biased coaching sessions to help you achieve your financial dreams and goals. Information can be found here.
This information will be updated regularly and was last updated on December 1st, 2017. If you would like to add any promotions or sales, please comment below or message me at email@example.com. All promotions are subject to change and it’s important that you understand all terms and conditions before signing up to a financial product.
As always, thank you for stopping and please consider sharing with your friends and family. That way they can save too!
CIBC’s Bank Sales
- Earn 1.70% on a 1-year GIC, 2% on a 30 month GIC, and 2.25% on a 5-year GIC. The deposited amount must be over $1,000, and the promotion can end at anytime.
- The Visa Aventura Infinite and Aventura Gold card both have a 15,000 points welcome bonus, and they have no fee during the first year for primary and secondary card holders. Available only to clients that do not have a CIBC credit card. The offer ends on Feb. 28th, 2018.
- Receive up to 4% cash back on select items and no fee for the first year when you open a new Dividend Infinite card. As a bonus, receive 4% on all purchases within the first 4 statements. The offer ends on Feb. 28th, 2018.
- The “Cash Back Mortgage” pays up to 5% cash back on your mortgage amount for transfer-ins and new purchases. This offer applies to 5-year fixed-rate mortgages and a few other mortgage types (at cash back rates). It’s important to add that cash back mortgages often have higher interest rates and may be more expensive in the long run. This offer can end anytime and the max cash back is $50,000.
- First-time homebuyers or individuals that transfer-in a Home Power Plan are eligible to receive either $500 or $750. Application must be submitted by Feb. 28th, 2018 and fund within 120 days. Mortgage must have a term that’s 3 years or longer and must be over $100,000. A $500 cash payment will be made for mortgages that are $100,000 to $299,999 and $750 is paid for mortgages over $300,000.
- New secured line of credits within a Home Power Plan receive a promotional rate of CIBC’s prime rate – currently 3.20% – Rates ends on July 18th, 2018
TD’s Bank Sales
- Receive a 10,000-30,000 point bonus on select Aeroplan credit cards.
- Receive up to 50,000 TD points and a first year fee waiver when you sign-up for a new VISA Infinite card by December 3rd, 2017. Receive 20,000 when sign-up and an additional 30,000 points if you send $1,000 on the card within 90 days of approval.
- Currently mortgage promotions include a 4-year fixed mortgages are 3.34%, 3-year fixed are 3.24%, and 5-year variable rate at prime minus 0.60% – currently 2.75%.
Scotiabank’s Bank Sales
- Receive up to 2.3% until February 28th, 2018 on new deposits to a Momentum Savings account when deposit is made by December 29th, 2017. Rate is based on how long the deposit is made and varies from 2.3% to 2.15%.
- Many credit card deals are available; including free movies, low introductory interest rates for the first six months, and no annual fee for the first year.
- Other third party promotions include Turbotaxes and 12 months of free McAfee virus protection.
Bank of Montreal’s Bank Sales
- Receive $100 when you open a new qualifying account online by January 3rd 2018. Several conditions must be met including making a deposit by January 3rd, 2018, setting up an automatic deposit by February 3rd, 2018, and keeping the account open until January 3rd, 2019. Make sure that you review the conditions to confirm that you qualify.
- Clients can take advantage of Planshare accounts that allow them to open as many as 20 accounts under their names for one monthly fee.
- Pay no management fees on your first $5,000 to $15,000 for a year when you open and fund a new SmartFolio. Account must be opened by Jan. 2nd, 2018 and funded by Jan. 31st, 2018. Use the promocode “Promo15000” – full details can be found here.
- Various credit card offers exist that include conditional 4% cash back, 500-2,000 of free Air Miles points, and more.
- Get an interest rate of 3.49% for a five year fixed rate mortgage (APR 3.51%) or a 5-year variable closed rate at 3.10%. Pre-payment restrictions apply and it’s vital investigate before taking advantage of this deal.
- 10-year fixed mortgages are 3.49% for all applications created before Dec. 29th, 2017 and funded by March 1st, 2018. Many conditions apply and it’s important to verify that you’re eligible.
RBC’s Bank Sales
- Receive 250 West Jet Dollars when you open a new West Jet credit card.
- RBC is currently offering 15,000 welcome points on their Avion Platinum Visa card, and many other credit card offers.
- Mortgage options include 2-year fixed at 2.99% (3.040 APR), 5-year fixed at 3.39% (3.410% APR), and 5-year variable at Prime + 0% – currently 3.2% (3.22% APR)
Simplii’s Bank Sales
- 3% on all new savings deposits made from November 1st, 2017 to Feb. 28th, 2018. Offer is available for non-registered, RRSPs, and TFSAs. Promotional interest is paid during March 2018 (Note: therefore interest is not compounded)
- Currently offering a 4-year fixed mortgage at 3.29%, 3.09% on a 2-year mortgage, and currently 3.20% for a variable 5-year.
Tangerine’s Bank Sales
- Receive up to $100 bonus when a new client opens a new chequing with Tangerine by April 2nd, 2018. Must also either: i) set-up a payroll deposit and have active for three months, or ii)set-up an automatic withdraw that’s over $50 and is active for at least three months. The payroll deposit or automatic withdrawal must occur at least once by May 3rd, 2018 and reoccurs accordingly. Details can be found here.
- New clients receive an annual interest rate of 1.9% or 2.4% for 6 months on all balances in savings, TFSA or RSPs accounts. You receive 1.9% when you open a savings and 2.4% when you open a savings and chequing account. Offer expires on April 2nd, 2018 but is often renewed for new clients. Details can be found here.
Note: Great effort is taken to provide accurate and updated sales and promotions information, but these offers can be changed by the providing organization at any time. Therefore, we are not liable for any informational changes or errors.