Hello and Welcome!
Here you can find all of the sales and promotions that are currently being offered by Canada’s largest banks.
For more personal advice, The Friendly Financial Coach offers non-biased coaching sessions to help you achieve your financial dreams and goals. Information can be found here.
This information will be updated regularly and was last updated on October 2nd, 2017. If you would like to add any promotions or sales, please comment below or message me at firstname.lastname@example.org. All promotions are subject to change and it’s important that you understand all terms and conditions before signing up to a financial product.
As always, thank you for stopping and please consider sharing with your friends and family. That way they can save too!
CIBC’s Bank Sales
- Earn 1.70% on a 1-year GIC, 2% on a 30 month GIC, and 2.25% on a 5-year GIC. The deposited amount must be over $1,000, and the promotion can end at anytime.
- The Visa Aventura Infinite and Aventura Gold card both have a 15,000 points welcome bonus, and they have no fee during the first year for primary and secondary card holders. The offer ends on October 31st, 2017.
- Receive up to 4% cash back and no fee for the first year when you open a new Dividend Infinite card. The offer ends on October 31st, 2017.
- The “Cash Back Mortgage” pays up to 5% cash back on your mortgage amount for transfer-ins and new purchases. This offer applies to 5-year fixed-rate mortgages and a few other mortgage types (at cash back rates). It’s important to add that cash back mortgages often have higher interest rates and may be more expensive in the long run. This offer can end anytime and the max cash back is $50,000.
- Transfer-in or open a new Home Power Plan and receive either $500 or $750. Application must be submitted by October 31st, 2017 and fund within 120 days. Mortgage must have a term that’s 3 years or longer and must be over $100,000. A $500 cash payment will be made for mortgages that are $100,000 to $299,999 and $750 is paid for mortgages over $300,000.
- New secured line of credits within a Home Power Plan receive a promotional rate of CIBC’s prime rate – currently 3.20% – until March 4th, 2018. Rates ends on October 31st, 2018
TD’s Bank Sales
- Receive $300 when you open either a Unlimited Chequing or All-Inclusive Plan and meet conditions by October 4th, 2017. Must set-up 2 of the following three options; i) Set-up a direct deposit ii) Make an online bill payment over $50, or iii) set-up a reoccurring withdrawal that’s over $50. Many other conditions apply and it’s important that you verify eligibility here.
- Receive a 10,000-30,000 point bonus on select Aeroplan credit cards.
- Receive up to 50,000 TD points and a first year fee waiver when you sign-up for a new VISA Infinite card by December 3rd, 2017. Receive 20,000 when sign-up and an additional 30,000 points if you send $1,000 on the card within 90 days of approval.
- Currently mortgage promotions include a 4-year fixed mortgages are 3.26%, 3-year fixed are 3.14%, and 5-year variable rate at prime minus 0.60% – currently 2.75%.
Scotiabank’s Bank Sales
- Receive up to 2.3% until February 28th, 2018 on new deposits to a Momentum Savings account when deposit is made by December 29th, 2017. Rate is based on how long the deposit is made and varies from 2.3% to 2.15%.
- Many credit card deals are available; including free movies, low introductory interest rates for the first six months, and no annual fee for the first year.
- Other third party promotions include Turbotaxes and 12 months of free McAfee virus protection.
Bank of Montreal’s Bank Sales
- Receive $100 when you open a new qualifying account online by January 3rd 2018. Several conditions must be met including making a deposit by January 3rd, 2018, setting up an automatic deposit by February 3rd, 2018, and keeping the account open until January 3rd, 2019. Make sure that you review the conditions to confirm that you qualify.
- Clients can take advantage of Planshare accounts that allow them to open as many as 20 accounts under their names for one monthly fee.
- Pay no management fees on your first $15,000 for a year when you open and fund a new SmartFolio. Account must be opened by October 31st, 2017 and funded by November 30th, 2017. Use the promocode “Promo15000” – full details can be found here.
- Various credit card offers exist that include conditional 4% cash back, 500-2,000 of free Air Miles points, and more.
- New homeowners and homeowners that switch their mortgage can receive up to $1,500. Payment size is dependant on mortgage size; mortgages valued at $100,000 to $249,999.99 receive $500, mortgages valued at $250,000 to $499,999.99 receive $1,000, and all mortgages over $500,000 will receive $1,500. To qualify, new homeowners need to have CMHC insurance and households that switch their mortgage must switch it from an eligible bank. Other restrictions apply and it’s important to verify them here and here.
- Get an interest rate of 3.39% for a five year fixed rate mortgage (APR 3.41%) or a 5-year variable closed rate at 3.10%. Pre-payment restrictions apply and it’s vital investigate before taking advantage of this deal.
RBC’s Bank Sales
- New clients can receive an Apple Watch or an iPhone SE (16gb) for opening up a new qualifying account and meeting many qualifications. To qualify, an account holder must open a new RBC Signature No Limit Account – $14.95/mth – or RBC VIP banking account – $30/mth by September 1st, 2017. Account holders must also set-up a reoccurring direct deposit or 2 preauthorized monthly withdrawals by October 31, 2017. Many conditions are involved and it’s recommended that you read the full details here.
- Receive 250 West Jet Dollars when you open a new West Jet credit card.
- RBC is currently offering 15,000 welcome points on their Avion Platinum Visa card, and many other credit card offers.
PC Financial’s Bank Sales
- PC Financial World Elite MasterCard currently has no annual fee.
- Currently offering a 4-year fixed mortgage at 2.99% and 2.79% on a 2-year mortgage.
Tangerine’s Bank Sales
- Receive up to $100 bonus when you open a new chequing with Tangerine by Nov. 30th, 2017. Must also set-up a payroll deposit that is active by Dec. 31st, 2017 and reoccurs at least three times. Details can be found here.
- New clients receive an annual interest rate of 1.9% or 2.4% for 6 months on all balances in savings, TFSA or RSPs accounts. You receive 1.9% when you open a savings and 2.4% when you open a savings and chequing account. Offer expires on Nov. 30, 2017, but is often renewed for new clients.
Note: Great effort is taken to provide accurate and updated sales and promotions information, but these offers can be changed by the providing organization at any time. Therefore, we are not liable for any informational changes or errors.