Please note that the promotions that are listed on this post are outdated and an updated version can be found here.
The banks make a lot of money from you, so why not get a little something in return? All of the banks have sales and promotions, but most people don’t know about them. This week we’ll change that by listing all of the main Canadian bank sales and promotions. These include high interest rates, cash payments and more. Most of them are pretty standard, but a few occasionally stand out, specifically the periodical tablet deals. Keep in mind that these promotions can change at any time and it’s important to read the fine print. This article will be periodically updated as the promotions change and was last updated on September 3rd, 2015.
Thanks again for reading and don’t forget to learn more about the Friendly Financial Coach, Toronto’s only non-biased Financial Literacy Coach.
Available Banking Sales and Promotions
– The Cash Back Mortgage is paying cash back up to 5% of the mortgage amount (up to $50,000) for transfer-ins and new purchases. This offer applies to 5 year fixed-rate mortgages and other mortgage terms, however, other term mortgages pay lower cash back amounts. Often cash back mortgages end up having higher interest rates and therefore you should weigh the cash back amount against all extra fees. This offer has will end on October 31, 2015
– Visa Aventura Infinite and the Aerogold Infinite are offering 15,000 points as a welcome bonuses.
– The Tim Hortons Visa card is offering $20 in Tim Hortons credit as a welcome bonus.
– Welcome point bonuses on select Aeroplan credit cards that range from 10,000-25,000 points.
– The Scotiabank ITrade Account is offering up to 1000 free trades or a cash payment up to $1000. This amount is dependent on how much money is deposited in the account. The offers ends soon; the account needs to be opened by September 13th and funded by October 13th to qualify under this deal.
– Earn four free movies if you open up and use a new Scene credit card.
– The first annual fee for the Scotia Momentum Visa is waived for new cardholders. Many other credit card deals are available, such as free points and low interest promotional periods.
– Other third party promotions include Turbotaxes and 12 months of free McAfee virus protection.
Bank of Montreal
– Open a Savings Builder Account and receive up to 1.5% interest until November 2nd, 2015. Certain conditions must be met to receive the full interest rate and it’s advise to review the deal before participating.
– BMO Air Miles Elite card is offering up to 3,000 Air Miles when you open up a new card.
– BMO Air Miles Mastercard is offering up to 800 Air Miles when you open a new card.
– Cashback World Elite Visa Card has a promotional waiving of the first year’s fee.
-BMO SPC Cashback card is offering up to $50 cashback and a chance to enter contest to receive free tuition and textbooks.
– RBC is currently offering 15,000 welcome points on the Avion Platinum Visa card.
PC Financial Promotions
– Currently offering a 5 year fixed mortgage at 2.64% with up to 1,000,000 worth of PC points (the equivalent of $1,000). You get 2,500 PC points for every $1,000 of mortgage principle.
– New clients receive an annual interest rate of 2.4% for 6 months on their savings, TFSA or RSPs and up to $50 in cashback.
– Switch banks to Tangerine and get up-to $100
– Client referrals are now paying $50 to the new client and to the individual that made the referral.
Thanks again and I hope that you enjoyed the article. If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 647-289-0012. Also don’t forget to sign-up to our unique Newsletter!